Mian Situ is a Chinese figurative painting artist. He was born in southern China. He completed MFA and worked for six years as an instructor. He immigrated to United States in 1998. Mian Situ paintings fall under the figurative category. He had received several awards for his works.
Major achievements are:
- Thomas Moran Memorial Award for Painting, the Patrons’ Choice Award and the Artists’ Choice Award
- Gene Autry Memorial Award
- Masters of the American West Purchase Award
Mian Situ uses oil painting as the medium for his works. Apart from figurative works, he also love to paint landscapes. He is represented by Trailside Gallery and InSight Gallery. His historical oil paintings shows the social life of China. Diverse color combinations and emotion based subjects make hima unique artist. His important works are:
- “The Gold Nugget”, Chinese Camp, 1850
- End of the Day
- Idle Conversation
- Feeding Time
- Balloon Man of Chinatown San Francisco 1904
- The Golden Mountain
Visit artist website here.